Dr Manjunath HD
M.B.B.S, M.D (Medicine, Gold medalist), D.M (Endocrinology, Gold medalist)
Dr Manunath HD is a well-known endocrinologist in Mumbai from the top medical college in India, and with a lot of patient experience in the field of General Medicine and Endocrinology. He treats endocrine disorders and also is a diabetes specialist for both adults and children.
Dr Manjunath has significant experience in treating an array of women hormonal issues like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, or PCOS. He also specialises in treatment of obesity, osteoporosis, growth and development in children and adolescents, tumors of endocrine glands.
A randomised trial of vitamin D in acute-stage allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis complicating asthma Manjunath Havalappa Dodamani 1, Valliappan Muthu 1, Reetu Thakur 2, Arnab Pal 2, Inderpaul Singh Sehgal 1, Sahajal Dhooria 1, Ashutosh N Aggarwal 1, Mandeep Garg 3, Arunaloke Chakrabarti 4, Ritesh Agarwal Mycoses 2019 Apr;62(4):320-327. doi: 10.1111/myc.12879
Rare cause of fever of unknown origin: gastrointestinal stromal tumour. Dodamani MH , Kumar RR, Parkhi M, Basher R.BMJ Case Rep. 2018 Mar 28;2018:bcr2017223013. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2017-223013.PMID: 29592983
Comparison of the Sensitivity of 68 Ga-DOTATATE PET/CT with Other Imaging Modalities in Detecting Head and Neck Paraganglioma: Experience from Western India. Dodamani MH, Jaiswal SK, Sarathi V, Marfatia H, D’Cruz A, Malhotra G, Hira P, Patil VA, Lila AR, Shah NS, Bandgar TR World J Nucl Med 2022 Aug 16;21(3):184-191 doi: 10.1055/s-0042-1751030.
Genotype and phenotypic spectrum of vitamin D dependent rickets type 1A: our experience and systematic review Dodamani MH, Sehemby M, Memon SS, Sarathi V, Lila AR, Chapla A, Bhandare VV, Patil VA, Shah NS, Thomas N, Kunwar A, Bandgar TR J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab2021 Sep 8;34(12):1505-1513 doi: 10.1515/jpem-2021-0403. Print 2021 Dec 20
Complete Resolution of Disease after Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy in a Patient of Metastatic Insulinoma. Verma P, Malhotra G, Dodamani MH, Lila AR, Asopa RV, Bandgar TR Clin Nucl Med 2022 Jan 1;47(1):e77-e78. doi: 10.1097/RLU.0000000000003831
CT thorax miliary pattern–our differential. A K Pannu, K P K Aditya, M H Dodamani, K A Ary, R Kumar, V Suri, S Kumari
Who should consult:
One should meet a hormone specialist if he/she has the following symptoms:
- People with history of diabetes or pre diabetes to prevent and manage the same
- Excessive urination, thirst, and weight loss; blurring of vision, repeated infections, delayed wound healing
- Weight gain/loss, irregular periods, neck swelling, anxiety/tremulousness of hands/rapid heartbeat, swelling of feet
- Irregular periods, and excessive facial hair growth in females
- Infertility (both male and female sexual problems)
- High blood sugars, high blood pressure before 30 years of age or any family members with cardiac disease/stroke before 45 years of age
- Any routine CT/MRI scans done for other reasons showing tumours (or cancer) in the pituitary/adrenal/thyroid/pancreas gland
- Inadequate height growth or sexual development in children
- Repeated fractures (without major injury), kidney stones
10. Patients who want to do endocrinology tests i.e. PCOD/PCOS tests, hormone test, diabetes test, want to consult thyroid doctor/thyroid specialist